An adorable, fun, friendly, and lively resort right on the beach where the young and young-at-heart come to play.
Nestled on a gorgeous white sandy beach in Pacific Harbour, this tropical retreat offers adventure, relaxation, authentic Fijian bure accommodation, and a wide array of water sports. Daily breakfast is included in the rate.
All bures feature a balcony, tea & coffee facilities, refrigerator, and hot & cold open air showers.
Garden View Bure – Fits up to 4 people with rollaway bed. Extra person charges apply.
Beachfront Bure - Fits up to 4 people with rollaway bed. Extra person charges apply.
- Awesome lagoon style swimming pool
- Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner…and snacks all day long
- Sublime Watersports
- “40oz to Freedom” Boat
- Laundry Service
- Full service bar a with local and international spirits, wines and beers, great cocktails
- Daily Happy Hour
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage in Rooms
- Travel + information desk
- Sunday local church services available at Arts Village
- Sunday Beach BBQ
- Volleyball court
- Broadband unlimited internet and wireless internet: Skype Friendly
- 24 hour reception
- Bus stop / Taxi Stand
- 5 min walk to bank, grocery store, bread shop, bottle shop, variety of restaurants, ice cream parlor, a cultural center and marketplace, fresh produce stalls, local church.
- Wireless internet facility throughout entire resort
Come join Aqua-Trek in Fiji and dive with Brandon Paige the founder and creator of the Shark Dive. No other place in the world offers 8 species of shark and nearly 300 species of fish on 1 dive. Experience the adrenaline rush of a lifetime under the safe watch of our shark experts!
Aqua-Trek pioneered shark diving in Fiji over 20 years ago and shark expert Brandon Paige created the Beqa shark dive on Shark Reef in 1999. Aqua-Trek now operates the Ultimate Shark Encounter on nearby Lake Reef offering the best visibility, longer bottom time, a larger shark population and more regular tiger shark sightings!
Since 1999 Aqua-Trek has been working closely with the Fiji Government and the traditional owners of the reefs to protect the sharks by having the reefs and the surrounding area declared Marine Protected Areas. We are proud to say, as of 2006, Aqua-Trek in Fiji has been successful with both Shark Reef, Lake Reef and the barrier reef system connecting the two sites, as they all have been declared Marine Protected Areas by the Fiji Government.
Aqua-Trek Beqa also offers world-class soft coral diving in beautiful Beqa Lagoon. Experience soft corals in multihued kaleidoscopes of color and reefs teeming with fish, plus numerous caves and tunnels that are home to weird and wonderful exotic critters. Whether you're a novice or an experienced diver, Aqua-Trek Beqa can offer you first-rate diving adventures. The dive shop, located in Pacific Harbour, features top brand equipment, fast modern boats, and friendly and experienced professional staff. Aqua-Trek offers diving to all of the resorts in the Pacific Harbour area.
Aqua-Trek offers the following diving options
- 2-tank Ultimate Shark Encounter (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday) Make sure you book far in advance!
- 2-tank Soft Coral dive in Beqa Lagoon (Tuesday and Thursday)
- Afternoon/Night 1-tank dives (must be arranged at the Aqua-Trek Dive Center)
Aqua-Trek’s Top 10 Dive Sites in Bega Lagoon
The Shark Dive at the Bistro Only 10 minutes to site. Max depth is 24m and we do 2 dives at the site, the second 18m deep. Our world famous shark and big fish encounter is known as the #1 Shark Dive in the World. The site is an easy dive and is set up for diver safety. Divers stand behind a rope and view the sharks and big fish as the feeder puts food out. Divers can see up to 8 species of shark on one dive including multiple bull sharks and tiger sharks. We have the best safety record and it is a great viewing opportunity of the larger shark species found in the tropics. We also have a wreck at the site which divers can swim around after watching the sharks.
Joes Best This is one large pinnacle that has a giant swim through covered in Soft corals. Blue Ribbon eels can be found here along with Lion fish and many other exotics, max depth is 20m.
Pearl Rock This site consists of about 6 pinnacles in about 18m of water all are covered in beautiful soft corals. Average diving depth is around 14m where the greatest intensity of soft corals is located. This means a long dive time is assured.
Glory Hole This site consists of about 3 large coral pinnacles again covered from the start of the coral heads at 5m down to about 14m. Max depth is about 20m. There is a swim through that has hanging soft corals in yellow and white soft corals. The coral heads have loads of purple and orange Antheas swimming around the soft corals creating a great fusion of colours.
Carpet Cove This site has a wreck located on it. It is about 33m long old trawler. Covered in soft corals and Barracuda are often seen in the area. The wreck lies in about 30m of water after 15min bottom time you ascend up to the reef and swim around a number of coral heads that are covered in soft corals with many of the exotics to be found here, such as Leaf Scorpion fish.
Seven Sisters As the name implies there are 7 coral pinnacles all covered in soft corals and adorned with colourful reef fish from exotics to the more common Butterfly fish and Moorish idols. Max depth is 18m. Coral heads start at 5m and the tops are littered with Anemone Fish and bright red soft corals.
Million Dollar Point This is a shallow site for nice long dives at 16m max. Very photographic. Colours are intense due to shallowness of the site. Soft coral colours here cover the full spectrum of the rainbow. Very beautiful.
Frogs Leap This site is on the outside of the lagoon, so it is predominately a hard coral site. Large plate corals adorn the reef. Good chance to see some larger fish swim by. Great dive site for beginners with no current at the site. Big drop off nearby means these corals are well fed and large. Max depth 20m.
Soft Coral Plateau These are long gulleys running down the reef and finishing at coral heads and a wall. Lots of soft corals and good chances to find small exotic critters in the gulleys. Small white tip reef sharks can be seen here. Easy dive.
Turtle Head Named after the shape of the reef. Soft coral pinnacles coming up from about 20m down. Great soft coral coverage as it is lying in the current belt. Good fish life as well from small exotics to larger cod. Fan corals are found here. Can only be dived on certain tides but well worth it. Max depth 20m
All of the dive sites above are only 10 to 20 minutes away by boat from Pacific Harbour. Below is a map of our many dive sites
For more information on Aqua-Trek visit Aqua-Trek.com
Day charters are available out to world renowned Frigates Passage. Famous for its left handers, as well as uncrowded breaks, Frigates is a short 40 minute trip off the beach of Uprising.
- Scuba Diving with Aqua-Trek (Ultimate Shark Encounter & Soft Coral Diving)
- Horseback Riding
- Quad Bike Surf Skiing
- Mountain Bike Hires
- Whitewater Rafting & Kayaking
- Zip Line Canopy Tour
- Beach Volleyball
- Touch Rugby
- Jet Ski Island Tours
- Wet 'n' Wild Water Sports
- Island Day Trips
- Snorkel Beqa Lagoon
- Game Fishing Charters
- Reef Fishing
- Surf Charters
- Kite/Wind Surfing
- Traditional Fijian Dance & Firewalking
- Ancient Village Tour
- Handicraft & Souvenirs
- Kava Ceremony
- Cultural Excursions
- Waterfall Hikes
- Boat Trips
- Island Hopping
Although we make every effort to ensure our prices are current, there may be a change or error. Please inquire for exact details & prices with connecting flights from your departure city or without air.
The Uprising Beach Resort & Aqua-Trek Dive Special
5 or 7 Nights Beach Front Bure Accommodation, Continental Breakfast, 6 or 10 dives (incl. Ultimate Shark Encounter)
Must be under deposit by March 31, 2016. Valid for travel through March 2017.
USD$985 per person (dbl) for 5 Nights/3 Dive Days
USD$1,395 per person (dbl) for 7 Nights/5 Dive Days
The Uprising & Aqua-Trek Dive Package Special Includes:
- Round trip private ground transfers to/from The Uprising Beach Resort
- (5) Five or (7)Seven nights – Beach Front Bure Accommodation (dbl)
- Fiji VAT (tax)
- Resort inclusions:
- Daily Continental Breakfast with coffee/tea
- Dive Inclusions
- Daily 2 tank b0at dives w/ Aqua-Trek, Fiji’s premier dive operator. Includes world renowned Ultimate Shark Encounter™
- Weights, belt, tanks, diving, and guide
- Optional Upgrades or Activities:
- Add 2-course lunch, 3-course dinner meal plan at USD$75 pp/pd
- Upgrade to Garden View Villa with kitchen, living room and television for USD$22pp/pn
- Upgrade to Beach Front Villa with kitchen, living room and television for USD$33pp/pn
- Singles add $525 for 5 Night Pkg. Add $600 for 7 Night Pkg.
- Non-divers deduct $380 for 5 Night Pkg. Deduct $600 for 7 Night Pkg.
- PADI Extreme Shark Diver Certification additional $100pp (on shark dive day)
- Full Day Whitewater Rafting Trip for $225 or Luva River Kayaking for $160
- Rainforest Canopy Zip Line Tour for $125pp
- Full day Discover Fiji Village and Waterfall trip for $85pp
Conditions: Prices are in USD and based on cash/check discounted price. All prices are subject to change until paid in full in the event of currency exchange fluctuation, airfare alteration, tax increase or other costs beyond our control. We highly recommend that travelers purchase comprehensive travel insurance as in most cases refunds are not given due to late arrival, premature departure, or otherwise unused services, including those related to weather or aircraft timetable and delays